We have reviews on all the eyelash extension types and choices on the market in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas eyelash extensions are available in Vegas and there are many different kinds. What are the best extensions? What is the difference between them? How do I pick the best eyelash extension for me? What about semi-permanent mascara by LashDip?
“Let us do an eyelash extension review of the most common Las Vegas eyelash choices, types and products.”
Most clients get confused with all the eyelash extension hype. So here is some basic information about individual eyelashes.
First, do not confuse brand names with the product type. Novalash, Xtreme, Hollywood, Lavish and a variety of other manufacturers make extensions and adhesives. These are just brand names and this article does not endorse a single brand. Instead lets discuss the actual product itself, specifically the actual extension eyelash.
There are a variety of individual eyelash extensions including synthetics, silk, mink and human hair. Each has a unique benefit and weakness as well.
1. Synthetic: (plastic synthetic) – Pro: They come in every desired length and curl and diameter (thickness). They are the least expensive and are widely available and the most common lash used in Las Vegas. You get maximum drama with plastic synthetics. Con; Very hard, not too much flex, heavy, cause damage if not very well maintained, do not last as long as lighter weight extensions and require more frequent fills. They tend to lift, flip around and lean to one side or the other as they grow out because of their heavy weight. One cool synthetic is the ULTRA thick DramaQueenTM extension. This is the thickest extension around.
2. Synthetic: (poly-fiber or poly-fiber blend AKA faux mink) – Pro: Like plastic synthetic, these come in every length and curl but have more flex and are a bit more natural looking. Some have called this higher quality synthetic eyelash extension a MINK. It is not mink at all and can not compare. Con: They require fills more frequent like plastic synthetics.
3. Human Hair: Pro: The cuticle is helpful in bonding and they hold on quite well. They are soft and very natural looking, available in various lengths and curls. Con: They mainly come out of Korea and a harvested off cutting room floors. The do not hold their curl too well. Some hairs go straight while others keep their curl when washed a few times. They do not require very frequent fills but can look singed as they age. We here at Axiom have stopped using this type of extension. We just do not find any human hair worthy of our clients eyes.
4. Silk: (silk blend or poly-fiber, is sometimes called silk) Pro: They are quite soft and flexible. They come in all lengths and curls and hold well. Fills are not required as often as synthetics. They are light and hold well. They can look natural or applied for drama. Con: They don’t provide as much drama as plastic synthetics and are more vulnerable to kinking. NEW SILK CRESCENT DOUBLE TAPERED eyelash extensions are here. The are the ONLY extension that is seamless at the base even with new growth. These new silks do not have a thicker bulky base like many extensions do. We really are liking these new silks.
5. Mink (authentic fur): Pro: Very light weight lash, longest lasting, attractive and natural looking. It is like wearing feathers. Ultra comfortable and fills are usually only recommended 4-5 weeks. Con: Not available in many Las Vegas eyelash extension salons, often imitated and mink is a more expensive eyelash extension period.
6. LASHDIP And EYELASH SPLASH “semi-permanent mascara” is the lower lash solution and an excellent product to complete your total lash experience. LashDip and EYELASH SPLASH lasts for WEEKS and can be applied to the lower eyelashes. No more neglecting the little lowers.
*Keep in mind that heavy extensions with less flex are more likely to cause damage to your natural eyelashes. More length and weight = more maintenance or fills.
*No matter how great your eyelash extension product or adhesive is, your technicians skill is what really makes a great set of eyelash extensions.
* Longest lasting eyelash extensions are the lightest in weight and you are less likely to have damage to your natural eyelashes.
Flares are not eyelash extensions. They do not look, feel or last like real individual extensions. Some clients do not have very many natural eyelashes and prefer flares. Fares have to be soaked off and reapplied every week or two so they do not cause damage.